Weight Loss: Irish Picnic Locations
It’s one of the better aspects of the summer. Getting out to a beautiful yard, beach or park and having a picnic! Here are a couple of locations we recommend you try with your family and friends. To lose weight, be sure to eat sensibly on the picnic!
1. Glendeer Farm is an Irish holiday board accepted pet farm found in the heart of Ireland. Situated 2 miles from the main Dublin to Galway route, West of Athlone, in the middle of Ireland. The farm is spread over 6 acres and consists of 50 various varieties of birds and animals.
2. The Burren is an section of limestone rock enclosed by beautiful hills and charming valleys and streams. The region is internationally famous for the range of flora and fauna, plus the megalithic tombs. This can be one location which every family should check out at least one time.
3. Newgrange farm is a real family owned and run working farm / educational center, where children and adults can try out the “hands on” experience of bottle nourishing, feeding, holding, stroking, and experiencing all the typical farm creatures and poultry, and much, much more.
4. Powerscourt House & Gardens – Fondly called the garden of Ireland, Wicklow is the house of the treasure. The Estate is made up of Forty seven acres of gardens with a walled garden, fish fish-pond, cascades, pet graveyard, Japanese gardens, grottos and balconies. The path towards the home is tree covered with 2,000 beech trees. Additionally, you will find Ireland’s highest waterfall at 121m (398ft.) only 6km from the Main Property.
5. Lough Gur can be found between the villages of Herbertstown and Bruff. The lake forms a horseshoe shape on the bottom of Knockadoon Hill. It is one of Ireland’s most significant archaeological sites with numerous megalithic remains. A visitor centre is wide open next to the Lough with a picnic area that is especially enjoyable in summer time.
6. Dun na Ri Forest hosts stoat, hare, mink, rabbit, otter, red and grey squirrels. Positioned on the banks of the River Cabra it offers strolls along with stunning views of Slieve Guillon and the Mourne Mountains. There’s a Wishing Well as well as a playground to help keep the kids amused!